Macon City Hall

Macon City Hall, constructed in 1837, was used as a field hospital during the Civil War and served as the temporary state capitol during the final months of the war. This photograph of the building was taken in 1894.

Courtesy of Middle Georgia Archives, Washington Memorial Library

Courtesy of Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries