Cathedral of St. Philip

Francis Smith's career culminated in projects for the Cathedral of St. Philip on Peachtree Road, including the Mikell Memorial Chapel (1947), Hall of Bishops (1955), and the cathedral itself (1960-63), the latter two projects in association with Ayers and Godwin.

Photograph by Darby Carl Sanders, New Georgia Encyclopedia

Courtesy of Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries