Old Fayette County Courthouse

Constructed in 1825, the original Fayette County Courthouse, pictured in the late 1880s, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as the oldest courthouse in Georgia. The clock tower was added to the structure in 1888.

Courtesy of Fayette County Historical Society

Courtesy of Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries