Our Sponsors

The Georgia Humanities Council and its program partners are grateful to the following sponsors for their generous support of and commitment to NGE. This encyclopedia has been made possible through their assistance.

2011-2012 Sponsors:

The Robert W. Woodruff Foundation

The Peyton Anderson Foundation

The Imlay Foundation

The President's Venture Fund, through the generous gifts of the University of Georgia Partners and other donors

The Georgia Power Foundation

 

2008 Sponsor:

National Endowment for the Humanities, "We the People" Initiative

 

2004-2007 Sponsors:

The State of Georgia

The Peyton Anderson Foundation

Technical College System of Georgia

The Wachovia Foundation

The Watson-Brown Foundation

The University of Georgia

A Friend of the Georgia Humanities Council

The Tull Charitable Foundation

The Imlay Foundation

The Frances Wood Wilson Foundation

Merrill-Hall New Media

The Katherine John Murphy Foundation

National Endowment for the Humanities, "We the People" Initiative

 

Founding Sponsors:

The State of Georgia

The Robert W. Woodruff Foundation

The National Endowment for the Humanities

AT&T

The Peyton Anderson Foundation

The Georgia Power Foundation

The University of Georgia

The James M. Cox Foundation

The UPS Foundation

The Historic Chattahoochee Commission

 

Become a Sponsor

If you would like to help support the New Georgia Encyclopedia project, please contact Jamil Zainaldin by email or write to:

Jamil Zainaldin, President, Georgia Humanities Council, 50 Hurt Plaza S.E., Suite 595, Atlanta, GA 30303-2915.

 

From Our Home Page
Charlayne Hunter-Gault (b. 1942)

Charlayne Hunter-Gault holds a place in Georgia civil rights history as one of the first two African American students admitted to

Read more...
Early Victorian Architecture: Overview

In the forty-five years from 1850 to 1895, architecture in Georgia advanced from simple Greek revival forms to the massive steel-frame skyscraper.

Read more...
Franklin Tree (Franklinia alatamaha)

The 

Read more...
Radio Broadcasting

Commercial radio broadcasting in Georgia began on March 15, 1922, when a hastily assembled transmission system began scheduled broadcasting under the call letters

Read more...
Courtesy of Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries