Courthouse Bench

A fifty-eight-foot-long pine bench, used in Fayette County's first courthouse from 1825 until 1965, lines the sidewalk leading to the original building. Today the building houses the Fayette County Chamber of Commerce and the Fayette County Development Authority.

Courtesy of Georgia Info, Digital Library of Georgia

Courtesy of Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries