Telfair Hospital for Females

The Telfair Hospital for Females, in Savannah, was built in 1884 in the Italianate style by the architectural firm of Fay and Eichberg. Funding for the hospital was provided for in Mary Telfair's will, and by 1960, when it merged with Candler General Hospital, the facility had become the longest-operating women's hospital in the country.

Courtesy of Richard D. Funderburke

Courtesy of Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries