Our Content Partners

The New Georgia Encyclopedia gratefully acknowledges the libraries, museums, research centers, institutes, and other organizations that have shared the riches of their archival collections and the expertise of their curators and archivists with the project.

90.1 FM WABE Atlanta's NPR Station

Association County Commissioners of Georgia

Atlanta History Center, Archives and Research Center

Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Atlanta University Center, Robert W. Woodruff Library Archives

William Breman Jewish Heritage Museum

Jimmy Carter Library and Museum

Center for Georgia Studies

Coastal Georgia Historical Society

Emory University, Robert W. Woodruff Library

Foxfire Fund, Inc.

Georgia Archives

Georgia Council for the Arts

Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Georgia State Parks and Historic Sites Division

Georgia Historical Society, Library and Archives

Georgia Institute of Technology, Library and Information Center

Georgia Municipal Association

Georgia Music Hall of Fame, Zell Miller Center for Georgia Music Studies

Georgia Public Broadcasting

Georgia Southern University, Zach S. Henderson Library

Georgia Sports Hall of Fame

Georgia State University Library, Special Collections and Archives

Kennesaw State University, Center for Regional History and Culture

Morris Museum of Art

National Archives and Records Administration, Southeast Region

Saporta Report

Tubman African American Museum

University of Georgia Libraries

Washington Memorial Library, Middle Georgia Archives

From Our Home Page
Celestine Sibley (1914-1999)

Celestine Sibley, a renowned southern author, journalist, and syndicated columnist, reported for the

Read more...
Election Structures and Reform

Elected officers have served Georgia since the colonial era.

Read more...
River Basins

Georgia's natural resources include fourteen river basins, which support a rich diversity of native fish and mussel species.

Read more...
Pulaski County

Established in 1808, Pulaski County is situated in central Georgia and comprises 247 square miles.

Read more...
Courtesy of Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries