Elder Mill Covered Bridge

The Elder Mill Covered Bridge in Oconee County was constructed in 1897 and relocated to its current position south of Watkinsville during the 1920s. One of the last of its kind in the state, the bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.

Photograph by Melinda Smith Mullikin, New Georgia Encyclopedia

Courtesy of Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries