Office of Malaria Control in War Areas

A Malaria Control in War Areas building in Newtown, 1953. The MCWA was created during World War II to help control the spread of malaria, carried by mosquitoes, in the South, particularly in areas around military bases

Courtesy of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Department of Health and Human Services

Courtesy of Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries