Flint River Bridge

In 1858 Nelson Tift commissioned Horace King to build this bridge in Albany across the Flint River. In 1887 Tift sold the bridge to Dougherty County. Shown here in 1892, the bridge was destroyed in 1897 when the Flint overflowed its banks during a flood.

Courtesy of Georgia Archives, Vanishing Georgia Collection

Courtesy of Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries