J.W. Golucke and G.W. Steward designed DeKalb County’s fourth courthouse, which was built by 1898. It had a dome and four portico entrances, each with a pediment in the Greek temple style. Unfortunately, a fire in 1916 destroyed much of the building’s interior. When it was rebuilt, the stone walls were preserved, and the clocks, which were originally housed in the dome, were placed in the building’s pediments.
The New Georgia Encyclopedia does not hold the copyright for this media resource and can neither grant nor deny permission to republish or reproduce the image online or in print. Requests for permission to publish or reproduce the resource should be submitted to the Georgia Archives.